Tuesday, September 15, 2009

EMPLOYED! in the City

I had my final negotiation with my new company yesterday and although it didn't go perfectly, it did go very well. So well in fact that I signed the offer and am thrilled to say I have a job!

The 'not-so-perfect' part was that they couldn't move on my base salary. So I'm set at 60k for now but they did offer me 3% RRSP matching ($1,800), the ability to expense my personal blackberry ($1,000) plus an additional week vacation over their first offer (4 weeks!!). There will also be an opportunity for me to establish a bonus system after my first six months. That was their response to my request for more $$ and I think it sounds like a win-win.

So hoooooraaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!! I CANNOT WAIT to get my first pay cheque and get back into Visa payoff mode.

Thanks so much for all your comments and support on my last entry. I'm sure glad I took your advice and didn't settle for the first offer! :)

2 comments: