Thursday, September 17, 2009

Counting My Pennies

It may be a little too early to be doing this since I haven't even started my job yet but I'm trying to calculate how much $$$ I'm going to be bringing in between my new job at $60k and the part-time (approx 6 hours/week) not-for-profit job.

I asked for $25/hour on the not-for-profit job but even if they come in at $20, I'd be ok with that since my original plan was to volunteer anyway. I have a meeting tomorrow to finalize that.

So, being conservative at $20/hour, I'm looking at grossing an additional $240 every two weeks. Since this is a contract position, I can write off expenses and so I don't think I'll end up paying any tax on that income.

My regular full-time job which starts Monday should see me grossing $2,500 every two weeks. Less the 3% I'm deducting for RRSP matching and less taxes, I should be netting $1,785.35.

$1,785.35 + $240 = $2025.34 every two weeks (assuming 24 pay periods)
Not too shabby!!!

On the expense side of things, my work has agreed to pay for my personal blackberry and my husband has agreed to pay the rent (for the time being) and so my only real expenses are going to be,

*Utilities
*Internet service at home
*MS society donation
*Groceries
*Bank charges
*Paying off my debts

If I'm netting $4,050.70 each month, I should be able to take some serious bites out of my debt in no time.

I said it before and I'll say it again... I can't wait to start getting paid!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment