Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Bored w/ Your Jeans Like I Was?

After going through part of my closet yesterday, I decided to try revamping an old pair of jeans by aging a hole into them - à la Megan Fox at left. I'm not so much into some ripped jeans being worn that look like they were attacked by Freddy, but I do like an aged look and a hole or two is stylish if done correctly.




Tools:

- one pair of old jeans
- one grater
- one pair of scissors

Bascially I just started grating mid-thigh and gradually all the blue fabric came out in fuzz until I was left with a worn white area. Then I stretched it out with my hands and clipped a few threads to open up the hole and show a little skin. The final step was throwing them into the washing machine and once dry, I decided to try folding an ankle cuff like Megan's. I have to say, BIG IMPROVEMENT! I love them but feel like somehow I cheated my no spend day since I ended it with a "new" pair of jeans (even though I didn't spend a dime).

No comments:

Post a Comment