Saturday, September 26, 2009

Does that really say POSITIVE?!!!

I haven't written in a week or so and saying I was otherwise engaged would be an understatement. Last weekend I found out I'm PREGNANT!! S and I are absolutely ecstatic and although I'm ready emotionally and physically, financially is another story based on my current net worth. That being said, S and I both have good jobs now and I'm sure by the time the baby comes, we'll be in much better shape.

I'm about 6 weeks in right now and although we're only telling our immediate family and a few close friends, I decided to include the news in my blog since this is anonymous and because it will have such an impact on my personal finance goals.

Yes, I did just start my new job on Monday (oops, haha) but I'm not going to fess up until it's more or less obvious. Right now I'm feeling great except that I am HUNGRY all the time! We definitely need to increase our food budget.

On the financial front, I started my new job last Monday and will be submitting my payroll forms this coming Monday. I'm not sure when my first pay cheque will be issued but since I haven't had a real one in over two months, I'm really looking forward to that. I'm anticipating that it should be roughly $1,750.00 for two weeks. Plus my non-profit contract came through and they've hired me to work 8 hours/week at $25/hour so that another $400 every two weeks to add to my gross.

I was suprised the non-profit agreed to the $25/hour price point since I was expecting to come to an agreement at $20/hour. But, they didn't negotiate and just offered me what I asked for which is great luck. This will add another $10k to my income over the year putting me around the $70k give or take some mat leave!

5 comments: