Wednesday, April 1, 2009

These Expenses are Keeling Me!

Over the past two days alone I have managed to incur $406.19 in expenses. Holy Smokes. 

(holy smokes...where on Earth did that expression come from anyway?)

The $406.19 is on top of some other expenses that are already outstanding and if all the cheques came in today, I'd be feeling like one rich lady. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen but I need to keep track to make sure none of them fall through the cracks.

Here's what I'm expecting back...

1) Dentist cleaning - $188.19 (benefits)
2) Transit pass - $109.00 March/09  (covered by work)
3) Transit pass - $109.00 April/09 (covered by work)
4) Transit pass for my boss - $109.00 April/09 (work)
5) Travel booster shot - $65.00 (benefits) 

Total: $580.19!!   Wow, I really wish that was in my bank account right now.

The travel booster was from S & my trip to Nicaragua and Costa Rica last summer. I got the typical vaccine shots before I went and at 6ish months later required a booster for Hepatitis. Now I'm hep-free for life.  We actually got married down there in a little surf lodge by the sea which was pure magic. We both love surfing and I can't wait to get back down there to improve my skills (when my budget eventually permits that is). Surfing is definitely something Toronto is lacking in, haha.

Has anyone reading this been to Nicaragua before? The insects are out of this world - like miniature aliens. When our group first arrived, we would panic every time one landed on us. But by the end it was like "Meh, I know there's a 3-inch green creature crawling up my t-shirt... whateves."

3 comments:

  1. Ouch. Well... Look on the bright side... At least these are expenses that will be reimbursed right? :)

    Oh. btw... I keep forgetting to ask. But is it alright if I add you to my blog? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. he ha... my best friend is down there right now. we have the ones that are in your picture here though (praying mantises) - they are creepy. they follow you with their heads and give you the staredown.

    can't you go surfing on lake ontario in a stiff wind? ha ha....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Asian Pear - sure!! I would love that :)

    @flirty*almost*30 - ha! No, no such luck with Lake Ontario. We did get out for a day of sailing last summer but I think that's the closest one can get to riding the waves out here.

    ReplyDelete