Sunday, April 5, 2009

Mini-Crisis Averted

This morning I was sitting at my kitchen table catching up on my favorite blogs and drinking tea while S made french toast for breakfast. We were half chatting... I was trying to explain the "blogosphere", and I was telling him what interesting things you are all doing, he was half listening, half humming to himself.. you get the idea, regular Sunday morning at casa S & A.

After breakfast, S mentioned that he wanted to catch up on my blog, and so he read my previous post (the one that said I only had $41.01 to last me until April 14th). The result of that? Bank of S to the rescue!!

Now, despite being married, I am trying to get myself afloat on my own. I have serious "burden" issues -i.e. I DON'T WANT TO BE ONE. That being said, I'm definitely not above accepting support in the form of a short term, interest free loan of $253.91! The amount is so specific because it's the amount of my 2 benefit expenses that are pending ($188.91 + $65.00). When they come in, I'll just sign them over to him. Going forward I'll make sure to have better foresight into my budgeting and to think not just of my income statement but also in terms of cash flow.

Without getting overly romantical (Allie's lexicon), S does make me want to be a better person and that's where a lot of my motivation to get out of debt comes from. I really appreciate his support. Once I dig myself out of this money pit, I'll be able to contribute to our long term financial goals instead of just monthly expenses. I'll also feel a lot better about eventually combining more of our finances because I won't feel like such a drain or that he's bailing me out.

The best part of this whole thing is that I'm back on track with my budget for this period and when my transit pass expenses do come in, I can put them directly into a side account for next month. Problem solved.

2 comments:

  1. awwww cute. yeah, my motivation to do this whole financial thing is the same as yours... when I FINALLY do get a job out there, and me and the mans are together, i don't want to be stressed out and unable to contribute to our goals due to debt. and, of course, i'm not the kind of gal to ever take a handout or be dependent either. sure, being part of a couple means you share things, but considering he has no debt and i do... its just not fair to me to expect him to pay for the dumb things i've done in the past! good for you for taking on the challenge! and your hubby for being such a nice guy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, Hello! I just stumbled across your blog!

    Good luck to you, as you venture down this path of debt freedom! :D

    ReplyDelete