Monday, April 6, 2009

Power Weekend Run-down

This was such a great weekend, I wish I could rewind and do Sunday again. It was so beautiful here in Toronto and this morning, it's slushing, yuck.

Thanks to S's extra injection of funds into my account, my budget is not looking half bad this period! And the weekend didn't knock me off course. On Friday I went to go see my cousins; Saturday I slept in and was late for the art show I wanted to see but went to say hello anyway, did my grocery shopping, went to the concert S had tickets for. On Sunday, we woke up early, had breakfast, went for a 27 km bike ride down to the waterfront and up the Humber river, walked down to Kensington market, went to hot yoga, watched ANTM on youtube, went to sleep!

Money-wise
Friday
Bottle of wine - $9.75

Saturday
Used Book purchase - $13.64 - The Portable Dali
Groceries - $75.04
Personal Care - $13.00

Sunday
Bulk Quinoa - $8.00 ("Nutrient Powerhouse", cheaper in bulk!)
Sushi lunch - $16.45 - treated S $5.95 each plus tax & tip
Hot yoga - $18.00

Total Spent $153.88

*It's now slushing plus thunder & lightning, I don't want to leave the house today!

My addiction to Hot Yoga is completely growing and the more I go, the less the heat bothers me. This week we were working on anchoring before twisting to get a deeper stretch. I'm by no means an experienced yogi (this was only my fifth class) but after a few weeks of getting used to the heat and learning the basic poses, this was the first week I really noticed my flexibility had increased. I've taken to going on Sunday evening because it's a great way to calm the mind and spirit after a full weekend and to prepare for the week ahead... which is starting Now.

4 comments:

  1. I've done hot yoga before too. though honestly? I have no idea how any one does it. I did two sessions and I could BARELY breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you're talking about! The first few classes, my goal was just to stay in the room for the whole class. The great thing about it is that everyone in there understands how hard it is, and so it's a completely supportive environment. If someone wants to stretch for half the class and just be still in sabasina for the other half, it's all good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. does the one you go to have carpet? the one here has carpet on the floor and it is positively REVOLTING! old, stanky sweat soaked into carpet? and you want me to pay how much?!!! NO. other than that, good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, is that at Alberni & Denman? I think I've been there. I agree, gross! No this one is... I'm not sure exactly, looks like veneered hard wood. Highly sanitary!!

    ReplyDelete