Thursday, April 9, 2009

Officially Frugal

What a hectic week, I've barely had time to update my blog.

This morning I did something for the first time that in my opinion, was the final confirmation of my new frugal status. What was such a milestone?

I hand-washed a zip lock bag.

Yup, that's it! In one thrifty move, my zippy was washed and back in the drawer. Sticking it to the man, frugal styles.

Thankfully, I got my transit expenses back this week and now they're safely in my savings account so I don't short myself next month. Other than that, my budget is in excellent shape this period.

This weekend S and I were talking about going canoeing & camping in Algonquin park. We were thinking it might be a little chilly but I was going to rent a super warm sleeping bag. Anyway, S calls to rent the canoe and the guy says that sure we can rent a canoe! Except for one small problem - there's 6 inches of ice on the lake. So, S & Allie from Vancouver potentially could have been sitting in a canoe trying to paddle on a frozen lake this weekend. Hmmm, Veto!

Happy long weekend everyone :)

1 comment:

  1. haha I ALWAYS hand wash my zip lock bags now. When I first started doing it, I thought to myself "wow, this officially means I'm not wasting a single penny on anything."

    Plus you can feel good that you're reusing and saving the environment all while saving money. :) It's win win!

    ReplyDelete