Thursday, March 12, 2009

West Coast Girl Livin' in An East Coast World

Can you believe it? I got home from work tonight at 8:00pm. I'm exhausted!! The meeting yesterday with the moody head of my company, did not go so well. He completely laid into my boss and guess what?! Today it's coming down the pipe. I'm working my sweet ass off but in these "times" there's no extra cash for anyone additonal and I guess he thinks that applying more pressure will get things finished quicker. Ha! Let me just say that our #1 competitor has a staff of 30+ and we have one person working fulltime plus whatever time a few exec's can spare and 1 part time person. My boss keeps asking me if the p/t person who gets paid peanuts is worthwhile. I'm thinking yes, my sanity is worth more than peanuts thank you because I would surely lose it if I lost her.

Anyway, I'm certainly getting the career experience I was hoping for when I came. And on the upside, I still have a job! When we move back to the west coast, hopefully this will translate to a sick job right down by Kits beach or out near UBC would be lovely too. And please west coast job gods, let me get off at 3:30pm like I used to as well.

I have really surprised myself this week. Get this, I haven't spent a penny since Sunday. It's so strange! By bringing my lunch to work, it really makes not spending possible since that's mainly where I spend money during the week. Evenings usually consist of gym if I can, dinner, hug S, read, dream. Last night instead of the usual, we went to a cool show and I heard live an instument I can honestly say I haven't heard before - the thumb piano. But I digress...

Back to cash.

I have submitted my massage receipt as well as the old ones I found from last summer. Instead of waiting for an expense cheque, I ran my expenses through petty cash and actually added $145 to my bank account. Somehow I've managed to keep over $550 dollars in my bank account and since tomorrow is payday Friday, that will all get transfered to my highest interest debt (Visa #1).

Here's something shocking - I'm on track to pay off my $1,936.44 Visa bill by Monday ALREADY. Here's how - I transfered $750 from my lower interest line of credit. I kept $550 in my account this pay period through no spend days, etc, which will go on the card. Finally, I consolidated my monthly debt payments into one large one (less the minimum payments on my other debts) and will be applying another $636.44 to the card on pay day Friday tomorrow. Then, that's it! Free from the ugly interest demons of Visa #1. Those rates are criminal, how do they get away with it?!

I've got to remember to transfer the credit card on my iTunes account from Visa #1 to Visa #2. V1 will soon be dead to me :) YES!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. ha ha...i love it. only us west coasters can get away with calling T.O. the east coast! my boyfriend nearly dies every time i say he lives "out east"... he equates it to being called a newfie or something! but hey, EVERYTHING is out east to us.

    and ugh... i have this gut feeling that when i get a job out there, its gonna be 7am to 8pm too... no more of this nice west coast lifestyle, hey?

    ReplyDelete