Sunday, March 8, 2009

In The Hole

Can this be true? Am I seriously over 20k in debt?

I've only told one person about this blog - my husband - and he's probably freaking out right now. (Hi Baby). If he is, he's not the only one.

Wow. WOW.

Making regular payments is very deceiving. I felt like I was doing ok-ish, but doing the math is traumatic. Time to bring on the Saving and stop Spending - now.

Step One: Stop going out for lunch on workdays.

Tonight I went to the grocery store and bought my groceries for the week (incl. hubby's - no munchkins to feed, yet). My bill came to $109.22. Not bad. Especially when you consider that I bought my lunches for the whole week. Excellent! Usually I spend about $10-$12 dollars each weekday on lunch. That's $220.00/month too much.

To track my progress, I'm trying to figure out how on earth to add those progress tracking line graphs to my blog but so far, can't figure it out (grrr). I did my Net Worth graphic (scary), my traffic counter (yes!) and added Google Analyics code to my homepage. These bar graphs have got me stumped though and I'm experiencing graph envy. I'd also like to figure out how to build other pages into my blog (i.e. home page, financial goals page, link exchange, etc) but I guess I'll figure that out as I go along.

If you're reading this and you know how to add those horizontal line graphs with the percentage complete on them, please let me know!

Night all. X

2 comments:

  1. wow, that def. sucks but you know what? you're "keeping it real" now by KNOWING exactly what's going on! mad props for doing that - you're a HUGE step ahead now :) keep being honest w/ yourself and tracking it all, you'll get it paid off a lot sooner than you may think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you know HTML, you can feel free to scoop the line graph code from my website. Otherwise, there's a link to a website that will show you how to make simple graphs - it's in my CONTACT ME section. :)

    ReplyDelete